"Digitization has many faces. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all solution. Digitization is always individual, customer-dependent, topic-related."
Lidl is on its way to becoming the largest online discounter in Europe and is striving to push further digital business areas parallel to its core business. How does Lidl Digital these challenges? An exciting journey through agile mindshifting within Lidl Digital IT.
Tim Döppner, Head of Commerce Solutions/Head of IT at Lidl Digital International GmbH & Co. KG, originally a software developer and later responsible for projects, joined e-commerce in 2008 and was convinced that project success is determined by methodology. Since then, he has repeatedly put his finger on the wound with Ruhrgebiet arms and acts as an agile cultural donor within IT.
Key Takeaways "Lidl is moving - agile mindshifting within the Lidl Digital IT"
- Lidl Digital becomes an essential pillar of Lidl. The goal is to become the leading non-food online shop in Europe by 2025.
- As a result of digitization, the essential task of management today is to lead employees and teams.
- In addition to team selection, challenging and promoting as well as employee development, this includes above all sparking enthusiasm for the common cause and exemplifying the corporate values.
- What is also important is a culture of "trying out instead of discussing", the courage to actually do something and to realize and test things again and again in short development cycles.
- It is not very helpful to simply copy the success concepts of other companies. One can orient oneself on it, but then one has to find one's individual way.